Sunday, August 28, 2016

State-of-the-art psychiatry


Image via Never Yet Melted.
TRUMP: A lot of people don't realize this, but I am actually the Emperor Napoleon. I didn't know it myself until quite recently when I got a message about it from the transmitter in my upper left wisdom tooth. I said "Are you crazy? That would mean I was like well over 200 years old!" But on reflection I saw it was true! How else can you explain what's been happening to me?

BAD MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL: This kind of talk suggests the candidate may be suffering from paranoid schizophrenia.

GOOD MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL: It's irresponsible to say you can diagnose someone's mental health without examining them in person. Many candidates say grandiose-sounding things. Mr. Trump could have all sorts of reasons for claiming to be Napoleon.

BAD MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL: For example?

GOOD MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL: I'm going to have you decertified. I know some very powerful people.

More at On the Media. And from Mr. Chuck Todd via Tom Boggioni. And one last howl of rage from me:

No comments:

Post a Comment