Monday, March 28, 2016

The Guardian has a new columnist

Cheaply manipulative image via ReelGirl. Not! Every word there is true too, including the scare quotes.
Jill Abramson, former executive editor of the New York Times, in what I think is the debut of a regular column in the Guardian, has something to tell you:
I would be “dead rich”, to adapt an infamous Clinton phrase, if I could bill for all the hours I’ve spent covering just about every “scandal” that has enveloped the Clintons. As an editor I’ve launched investigations into her business dealings, her fundraising, her foundation and her marriage. As a reporter my stories stretch back to Whitewater. I’m not a favorite in Hillaryland. That makes what I want to say next surprising.
Hillary Clinton is fundamentally honest and trustworthy.
Every word in the first paragraph is certainly true, and that does give some kind of credence to the rest. It's worth a read. It's not going to convince you if you're not ready to be convinced, but it might help you understand that the people who believe this aren't all idiots and tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment