Saturday, July 13, 2013

Kid killers respond

Image via Skydancing.
Erick Erickson writes:
I must offer up my sincerest apologies to the kid killing caucus that took it on the chin or other body parts in Texas last night.
After days on end of abortion supporters in Texas holding up coat hangers and then, yesterday, throwing feces, urine, and tampons in defense of killing kids, I tweeted out a link to a coat hanger wholesale store.
The kid killers were offended.
Now, I expected them to be offended because I was mocking their hyperbole. But they actually seem to think I was seriously suggesting some policy for the GOP.
Dear Erick,

You really are a belt-and-suspenders kind of guy when it comes to spelling your name, aren't you? How about "Ericqk"? Just to be sure.

Coat hangers are the GOP policy. Like Mafia rum-running was President Harding's. Dr. Gosnell's late-term abortion abattoir existed because Pennsylvania banned abortion after 20 weeks, as a direct and inevitable consequence. It is so weird how you guys are always saying "If guns are outlawed only outlaws" etc. (not that anybody for gun control has ever suggested outlawing guns, speaking of hyperbole, though I do think it is time to repeal the Second Amendment), but cannot grasp this simple fact. I think you do grasp it. I think you want to see women murdered with coat hangers because they had some pleasure of which you disapproved. But don't say I don't have a sense of humor about it. It's just a little dark.

And also speaking of hyperbole, kid killers? Gosh, Erick, you need to lighten up a little. To us cultural relativists, that thing is not a kid—it's a fibroid tumor with fingernails.
Image by Awomynous (breeder with sense of humor, probably pro-choice).
Ericqk, last Thursday:
When I talk about my faith and my views on gay marriage or abortion, liberals are convinced I must be lying when I say I have gay friends and pro-abortion friends and we get along just fine and they are wonderful people. Surely I must think they are going to hell and how could those people be friends with me. Folks, I think we’re all going to hell, but by the grace of God.
His pro-abortion friends are such wonderful people that they don't object when he calls them "kid killers". 

2 comments:

  1. Funny how I read the title of the post and instantly assumed this was about the Zimmerman case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually happened to me last night--I had to do a double take to remember what it was.

    ReplyDelete