Friday, March 22, 2013

Cheap shots and hot falafels

Senator, isn't there a letter missing? Maybe an "a"?
Don't hate me, this is why I call it "cheap shots".
Sarah Palin models F.A. Bartholdi's famous statue, "La Liberté arrosant le monde avec du Dr. Pepper". Image from TownHall.
Did you know that there's a writer at Townhall who goes by the name of Jackie Gingrich Cushman? Hmm, I wonder where I've heard that name before. Anyway, she writes this week about the Steubenville rape case, and her right-wing take that sure, it was bad, and it was the parents' fault:
As a parent, it makes me wonder: What were their parents thinking? I grew up in a small town, and my life revolved around band, football and church. When I came home (before curfew), my mother would call out from her bedroom to make sure it was me. She never went to sleep, at least not fully, before I was home.
I came home on time because I understood her expectations and what the consequences of my actions would have been.
Oh, now I remember. This is Little Jackie, and Big Jackie was Newtie's high school history teacher back in the day. Newtie used to tell his mom, "I'm doing a project for history class. With a friend." He always preferred being truthful if he could.
Jackie Gingrich Cushman, from Sadly, No. I believe PhotoShop may have been used here.
I wonder if mentioning Jackie is going to drive my traffic up? One of the weirdest spikes ever was when I happened for no very important reason to drop the name of Benyamin Netanyahu's second wife. There are people who Google this poor woman's name on a daily basis, for reasons I don't even want to think about.
Via Alphabetically Inclined, who writes eloquently about the blogger's relationship to strange Googlers.
To those who may have been concerned about President Obama going on an "apology tour":

You'll be able to tell when he does it, by the people making the apologies. Hint: Obama might not be the one.
Prime Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel apologized in a personal phone call to Turkey’s prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, for a deadly raid on a Turkish ship by Israeli commandos in 2010 that killed nine people, a senior American official traveling with President Obama told reporters on Friday.
(Correction: Due to the omission of a word, the Times referred incorrectly to Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu of Israel. He is not a cut of meat, even of very high quality.)
The Prime.. uh, Minister, with Turkish falafel. Times of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment