Monday, August 27, 2012

How do you spell "psychopath"?

T-O-M S-M-I-T-H.

That's the Pennsylvania Republican candidate for Senate who believes that abortion should be against the law with no exceptions.
Pressed by a reporter on how he would handle a daughter or granddaughter becoming pregnant as a result of rape, Smith said he had already "lived something similar to that" in his family.

"She chose life, and I commend her for that," he said. "She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn't have to ... she chose the way I thought. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't rape."
When a reporter asked Smith to clarify what kind of situation was similar to becoming pregnant from rape, the candidate responded, "Having a baby out of wedlock."
He added, "Put yourself in a father's position. Yes, it is similar."
Put yourself in a father's position! To the young woman it might seem altogether different, being impregnated by someone you chose to, umm, fuck, and by someone who overcame you violently when you chose not to, but why should a father think about those petty details?

And then that ominous "fortunately for me, I didn't have to..." No need to ask why it wasn't fortunately for her, it wouldn't have occurred to him to ask. But what didn't he have to do that he would have had to do if she not "chosen the way I thought"? Kill her? Ban her from the house and turn her portraits to the wall? Clap her in a convent and keep her there until the little package of sin was delivered?
 

Note: Vixen Strangely already pretty much said what I wanted to say, but I still wanted to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment