Saturday, December 31, 2011

Green and bear it

While the strictly human stories may be more interesting, and easier to follow, we shouldn't forget that our planet is very sick. I've been waiting for somebody to put up a New Year's wrap-up of the environmental news; this, from Huffington Post, looks like the best we can do, and it isn't really enough.

What I wanted to say is that the horrors of war and want, the things that grab us the hardest, belong each to its own generation, and then it's over. Who really cares about the dead of Austerlitz or Shiloh or even Verdun today? But the planet is for many, very many generations, perhaps all the generations to come....

That's me on the right...
Update 1/1/2012

This by Joe Romm at ThinkProgress is the kind of story I had in mind, but I missed it when it came out December 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment